Issue:When logging into Vault from Inventor, AutoCAD or any other Autodesk application having a Vault Addin, the message appears:
Causes:Vault is registered as the wrong edition (Basic, Workgroup, Professional) in the Mircrosoft® Windows Registry or certain registry keys are missing.
Solution:Following steps solved the issue:
- Launch windows registry with regedit.exe
- Go to folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\PLM\Autodesk Vault xx.0\"
- Edit the key "Edition"
- Change the value from "Basic" to "Workgroup" or "Professional"
- Save the changed value with press button "OK"
- Restart Autodesk Inventor 20xx and log in into Vault
If you installed the Vault Client using the Autodesk Desktop App, the above registry keys may not have been created. Try uninstalling the Vault client and reinstalling from your Autodesk Account Portal.